Script Lab, a Microsoft Garage Project
Script Lab has three main features:
- Run the code in another pane beside the editor. Execution can include logic, API calls to Office, UI in the pane, and even output to a console. Every time you make a code change you can refresh the editor and run the new version in seconds.
- Share your snippets through GitHub. If you create a snippet you’d like to share, you can use Script Lab to save it. Then send the link to someone else to try it and tweak it on their computer. The Import feature lets you load other people’s snippets. We think sharing will be especially useful for asking and answering questions about add-ins on Stack Overflow (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/office-js).
You can install Script Lab right now for free from the Office Store. It works for Excel, Word, and PowerPoint on Office 2013 and later, Office Online, and Office for Mac.
The source code is open to the community at https://github.com/OfficeDev/script-lab. We welcome your contributions to the tool and to our snippets repo. We’re excited to keep building Script Lab with your help!
Reporting Office 365 Admin Role Group Members
This script produces a report of the membership of Office 365 admin role groups. The report is output to CSV file.
This script relies on the AzureAD PowerShell module, which you can install from the PowerShell Gallery.
1. Download the script from the link above.
2. Run the script using the usage examples below. You will be prompted to authenticate to Azure AD if you are not already connected.
- ReportFile – You can provide a custom output file name. The file name you specify will be modified with the current date, for example MyReportFileName.csv will become MyReportFileName-ddMMyyyy.csv. If a file of the same name exists, a unique character string will also be appended to the file name.